Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Peter Webb

Graham Cooper wrote:

> On Oct 30, 6:24 pm, "Peter Webb" wrote:
> >
> > You do claim to have a list of all Reals, don't you?

> I have a listable set of all reals.
>

> 0.000000.. 0.110000.. 0.111010.. 0.111110.. ...
> 0.000111.. 0.101000.. 0.000010.. 0.001100.. ...
> 0.111000.. 0.010010.. 0.001010.. 0.101010.. ...
> 0.111100.. 0.001011.. 0.000011.. 0.111111.. ...
>

> > You haven't specified the list yet.
> >

> AHA! Peter is on the ball!
>
> No enumeration function! Just a good ole countable SET of all reals!
>
> The order is arbitrary isn't it?
>

> > > Otherwise your claim to prove anything given any ENUMER-ABLE SET
> > > OF REALS clearly appears to have failed on the set provided 5
> > > times already.

> > > Herc
> >
> > I made no such claim. To start off with, its nonsense.

> Nonetheless it was the topic before you took over from Moeblee.
>

> On Oct 30, 9:18 am, MoeBlee <modem...@gmail.com> wrote:

> > I just proved that given any enumerable set S of denumerable binary
> > sequences there is denumerable binary sequence not in S.

> If you do not wish to apply any mathematical approach to the given
> countable set of reals,
>

> 0.000000.. 0.110000.. 0.111010.. 0.111110.. ...
> 0.000111.. 0.101000.. 0.000010.. 0.001100.. ...
> 0.111000.. 0.010010.. 0.001010.. 0.101010.. ...
> 0.111100.. 0.001011.. 0.000011.. 0.111111.. ...

That's not a given countable set of Reals.

Its not even a list of a few Reals, or even a single Real.

Lets start with the first Real on your list. Just the first one. I
don't care about the others for the time being. What is the first Real
on your list?

> then I have nothing more to add about countable complete sets of
> reals.
>
> Herc

Date Subject Author
JRStern