Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Peter Webb

Graham Cooper wrote:

> On Oct 30, 1:47 pm, Arturo Magidin <magi...@member.ams.org> wrote:
> > On Monday, October 29, 2012 6:49:41 PM UTC-5, JRStern wrote:

> > > hereabouts

> > > Thank you for trying, although I have clearly not been able to
> > > phrase

> > > a question that you feel has a useful answer.
> >
> > I find your entire participation now entirely frustrating; now you
> > are actively refusing to engage in the discussion in any reasonable
> > way, prefering instead to bow out as soon as specifics are
> > requested from you.
> >
> > That makes the entire thing nothing but an empty mental exercise on
> > your part, or a successful attempt at having other people waste
> > their time. For which I cannot find any reason to thank you. I do
> > hope, however, that you will be on your way and stop wasting
> > everyone's time, unless you actually want to start engaging in a
> > reasonable manner.
> >
> > --
> > Arturo Magidin

> but you answered his Question beautifully, 'no University would sink
> to peer review any critique on Cantor's theory'.
>
> This is synonymous with - 'if Cantor's theory was full of holes, we
> wouldn't know it!'

No its not.

We would know its full of holes because the proof is about 5 lines
long, is sufficently elementary to be accessible to an intelligent 12
year old, and in over 100 years nobody has raised a plausible objection
to it or produced a counter-example.

> Thank you for your input!
>
> Herc

Date Subject Author