Replies: 23   Last Post: Nov 2, 2012 1:46 AM

Jesse F. Hughes

"LudovicoVan" <julio@diegidio.name> writes:

> "Jesse F. Hughes" <jesse@phiwumbda.org> wrote in message

>> "LudovicoVan" <julio@diegidio.name> writes:
>>> "Jesse F. Hughes" <jesse@phiwumbda.org> wrote in message

> <snipped>

>>> I judge too mate, and you now find out where exactly I said that ZFC is
>>> the
>>> root of evil.

>> To be perfectly honest, I've no idea how I ought to interpret the above
>> response. I've no idea what you mean.
>> Are you indeed honestly saying that ZFC is the root of evil? Or is this
>> sarcastic? For myself, I haven't a clue.

> Argh! My bad (English): I meant to say please find out where exactly I said
> that ZFC is the root of evil, intending that I have never said any such
> thing. My tirades have to do with global politics and policies, not with
> this or that specifics.

I never said you thought that set theory was a root of evil, but, near
as I can figger, you said that it was a symptom of a lying culture which
lies just 'cause it can. In an honest culture, we would all admit that
set theory is a plain falsehood.

If this is an accurate representation of what you meant, then you are
indeed an idiot.

If not, feel free to correct my misunderstanding of your insights.

Jesse F. Hughes
"That's what's brutal about mathematics! When you're wrong, you can
have spent years, and lots of effort, and come out at the end with
nothing." -- James S. Harris on the path of self-discovery (?)