Replies: 23   Last Post: Nov 2, 2012 1:46 AM

LudovicoVan

From: London

"Jesse F. Hughes" <jesse@phiwumbda.org> wrote in message
news:87txtaqxih.fsf@phiwumbda.org...
> "LudovicoVan" <julio@diegidio.name> writes:
>> "Jesse F. Hughes" <jesse@phiwumbda.org> wrote in message

>> <snipped>

>>> To be perfectly honest, I've no idea how I ought to interpret the above
>>> response. I've no idea what you mean.
>>>
>>> Are you indeed honestly saying that ZFC is the root of evil? Or is this
>>> sarcastic? For myself, I haven't a clue.

>> Argh! My bad (English): I meant to say please find out where exactly I
>> said
>> that ZFC is the root of evil, intending that I have never said any such
>> thing. My tirades have to do with global politics and policies, not with
>> this or that specifics.

> I never said you thought that set theory was a root of evil, but, near
> as I can figger, you said that it was a symptom of a lying culture which
> lies just 'cause it can.

You could say because it wants, not because it can: anyway, you rephrase it
as a 13 year old would, but yes, let's say you almost got it, son, though
not quite. OTOH, I am pretty sure you could do better, if only you could be
any little more honest.

> In an honest culture, we would all admit that
> set theory is a plain falsehood.

No, I have never said that: there are indeed things that I find are patently
wrong, the standard theory of cardinality being one of them, but that does
not mean I'd discard the baby too. Not to mention that we all have "search"
strategies, and a world of fools and criminals means just do not expect that
I be a gentlemen. It's a war, mate.

> If this is an accurate representation of what you meant, then you are
> indeed an idiot.

It is far from accurate, but no worries: I still have way to go before I can
compete with you at that level.

> If not, feel free to correct my misunderstanding of your insights.

As long as you have no ethics, you remain incorrigible.

Now, have we finished with this confrontation? Even Virgil is losing his
temper...

-LV