Drexel dragonThe Math ForumDonate to the Math Forum



Search All of the Math Forum:

Views expressed in these public forums are not endorsed by Drexel University or The Math Forum.


Math Forum » Discussions » sci.math.* » sci.math.independent

Topic: CANTORS PROOF IS JUST THE INDUCTIVE STEP!
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 1, 2012 5:31 AM

Advanced Search

Back to Topic List Back to Topic List Jump to Tree View Jump to Tree View   Messages: [ Previous | Next ]
Graham Cooper

Posts: 4,237
Registered: 5/20/10
Re: CANTORS PROOF IS JUST THE INDUCTIVE STEP!
Posted: Nov 1, 2012 5:31 AM
  Click to see the message monospaced in plain text Plain Text   Click to reply to this topic Reply

On Nov 1, 7:13 pm, William Elliot <ma...@panix.com> wrote:
> On Thu, 1 Nov 2012, Hercules ofZeus wrote:
> > > > > > INDUCTION RULE: P(1) & P(n)->P(S(n)) --> ALL(n) P(n)
>
> > > > > You're wrong. The induction rule is:
> > > > > P(1) & ALL(n)(P(n) -> P(S(n))) -> ALL(n) P(n).

>
> > > > OK, in my new logic forall is variable function that uses the double
> > > > instantiaion rule.

>
> > > > p(1) ^ N(p(N)->p(s(N)) -> N(p(N))
> > > What's N?
>
> > > > CAPS = VARIABLES
> > > CAPS is a variable?
>
> > > > lower = terms / function terms. i.e. the scope of N(...) is wider
> > > > than the same variable name (...N...)

>
> > > Huh?
>
> > > > Just my new high order logic syntax forwww.microPROLOG.com!
> > > Wow, a high order of junk logic.
>
> > Hey if you don't like the final frontier in mathematics..
>
> Will this be the your final affrontier of mathematics?
>

> >    p(1) ^ N(p(N)->p(s(N))
> >    -> N(p(N))

>
> > I gain no benefit by sharing..
>
> 'Cause you've nothing to share.
>
> But if you really do need a friend with benefits,
> should I benefit you my blocking your posts
> instead of beamusing myself at your expense?


why would I care, I've never bothered to even open one of your own
posts in 10 years.

Have you made one?

Meanwhile, I have a partially operational formal system to tweak...
I'll leave the hand job mathematics for your well practiced ilk.


wff(X) :- t(X).
wff(X) :- f(X).
what(X,true) :- t(X).
what(X,false) :- f(X).



t(if(X,Y)) :- t(X), t(Y).
t(if(X,Y)) :- f(X), f(Y).
t(if(X,Y)) :- f(X), t(Y).
t(or(X,Y)) :- t(X).
t(or(X,Y)) :- t(Y).
t(and(X,Y)) :- t(X),t(Y).
t(iff(X,Y)) :- t(X),t(Y).
t(iff(X,Y)) :- f(X),f(Y).
t(xor(X,Y)) :- t(X),f(Y).
t(xor(X,Y)) :- f(X),t(Y).

f(if(X,Y)) :- t(X),f(Y).
f(or(X,Y)) :- f(X),f(Y).
f(and(X,Y)) :- f(X).
f(and(X,Y)) :- f(Y).
f(iff(X,Y)) :- t(X),f(Y).
f(iff(X,Y)) :- f(X),t(Y).
f(xor(X,Y)) :- t(X),t(Y).
f(xor(X,Y)) :- f(X),f(Y).


t(RHS) :- if(LHS,RHS), t(LHS).




row( at(V,F,G,L) , at(V2,F2,G2,L2) ) :-
rule1(V,V2),
rule2(V2,G2,L2),
rule3(V2,F2,G2),
rule4(F,G,L,V2,F2,G2,L2),
rule5(F,G,L,V2,F2,G2,L2),
rule6(F,G,L,V2,F2,G2,L2).

rule1(V,V2) :- t(xor(V,V2)).
rule2(V2,F2,L2) :- if( xor(V2,L2) , xor(G2,L2) ).
rule3(V2,F2,G2) :- if( xor(V2,G2) , xor(F2,G2) ).
rule4(F,G,L,V2,F2,G2,L2) :- if( and(xor(F,F2),xor(G,G2)) ,
iff(L,L2) ).
rule5(F,G,L,V2,F2,G2,L2) :- if( and(xor(F,F2),xor(L,L2)) ,
iff(G,G2) ).
rule6(F,G,L,V2,F2,G2,L2) :- if( and(xor(G,G2),xor(L,L2)) ,
iff(F,F2) ).





Herc

--
www.microPROLOG.com
if( if(t(S),f(R)) , if(t(R),f(S)) ).
if the sun's out then it's not raining
ergo
if it's raining then the sun's not out



Point your RSS reader here for a feed of the latest messages in this topic.

[Privacy Policy] [Terms of Use]

© Drexel University 1994-2014. All Rights Reserved.
The Math Forum is a research and educational enterprise of the Drexel University School of Education.