Replies: 156   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 3:01 PM

Graham Cooper

On Nov 2, 3:48 pm, "Peter Webb" <webbfamilyDIEspam...@optusnet.com.au>
wrote:
> Jesse F. Hughes wrote:
> > Do you plan on responding to my suggestion that you point out the
> > invalid step in Cantor's theorem?

> > You say that Cantor's theorem is invalid, right?  (You are using the
> > term "invalid" in its customary sense, I assume.)

> > This means that there is some step in the argument which is invalid,
> > right?

> > Would you like to step through the argument with me and show me which
> > step is invalid?

> You want some sport, but LV won't play?
>

> > If so, how about I present the proof that, for any set X, there is no
> > surjection X -> PX, and you show me where that argument goes wrong?

> Let me take his part.

OK show us the base step.

[GEORGE GREENE]

BASE: 1 e f(1) then ~1 e MISS
~1 e f(1) then 1 e MISS
ergo ~MISS = f(1)
By induction, ~MISS=f(any k)

-----------------------------

Is this how you prove some CARDINALITY > size( {1,2,3,....} )

Herc

Date Subject Author
JRStern
Frederick Williams