Topic: Of Sequence and Success
Replies: 17   Last Post: Nov 4, 2012 11:22 PM

Louis Talman

Re: Of Sequence and Success
att1.html (3.0 K)

Sudoku is a good example, but not the one you're still ignoring.

A. Of course "you really don't see sudoku being played that much (by
adults even)." Solving puzzles requires concentration and is a poor public
activity. You don't really don't see a lot of people working crosswords,
either. And yet both appear in almost every newspaper you pick up. Do you
really think that newspapers---which are undergoing a fairly substantial
economic crunch---would waste the space on something that isn't popular?
(And consider what that means for astrology...)

B. The invention of modern mathematics by the ancient Greeks---who were
almost completely innumerate by today's standards---renders your "natural
progression" untenable. And I'm not the least surprised that you chose to
ignore it.

--
--Louis A. Talman
Metropolitan State College of Denver