Topic: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Replies: 19   Last Post: Dec 1, 2012 6:14 PM

Carlos Aragon

Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet

"Carlos Aragon" wrote in message <k742iq$il8$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> [...]

> >trainbr: i have to use bayesien-regulation

> > > net.trainParam.goal = 0.005; %error
> >
> > Why?

> defined goal.
> > > net.trainParam.epochs = 2000;
> >
> > Why?

> maximum training epochs that i want, if not reached the trainparam.goal.
> > > net=train(net,P,T);
> >
> > Performance evaluation??
> >
> > [ net tr ] = ...
> > MSEtrn = ?
> > MSEval =?
> > MSEtst = ?

> I dont understand what it means.
>

> > Otherwise, how do you obtain separate tr/val/tst results.
> >

> > > P1=[T1;iateste1';wteste1'];
> > > Y = sim(net,P1);
> > >
> > > As you can see, i'm not an expert on this ... i imagine if you could help me build this

> > process of train and validate. Thanks a lot for your help!
> >
> > This is post No. 8 of this thread and you don't seem to be any further along than you were
> > at the first post. So, let's start again

> It's a dificult task to explain. The goal of this thread is (code by code) determine how to train different sets of [V;Ia;w] defined above, so that my neural net will recognize those 14 datas.
>

> > 1. What is a motor model?
> Simulink-SimPowerSystems
>
> There's an induction motor machine model. Resuming, i'm extracting data from this model associated with other procediment that does not matter here..
>

> > 2. What is a motor load?
>
> A motor is a device that converts electrical energy into mechanical energy to act upon a mechanical load. The burden placed on the motor due to this mechanical activity is referred to as the motor load.
>

> > 3. What are V, ia, w and tq ?
> V -> Voltage
> ia -> Current on phase 'a'
> w-> motor speed
> tq-> it's the load generated according to the type of burden used to train.
>

> > 4.What are the corresponding correlation coefficients?
> I think that does'nt matter too
>

> > 5. What , exactly, are the differences between the 14 data sets?
> Defined what load is, the difference between the 14 data sets is the type with burden i'm using on the motor.
>

> > 6. Have you plotted the output to determine how much sample spacing is
> > needed to adequately characterize it?

> 5000 datas is enough to have values from the transitory state to steady state.
>

> > 7. Given that spacing, how much data is needed for that characterization?
> 6.
> > 8. Your first post mentions 10,006 measurements but later you use 5,0001.
> Yes. I've cut unnecessary data.
>

> > Is that for each of the 14 data sets?
> one data set is a value of V ; Ia; W. Only 'V' is fix. Ia nd W varies in each of the 14 data sets. There are 5001 values of Ia and 5001 Values of W as there are 5001 values of fixed V (voltage)
>

> > 9. As I stated before
> > 1. Only 1 hidden layer is necessary
> > 2. If you have 14 scenarios that you want to characterize with one net:

Yes. That is exactly what i want.

> > a. Take 6 and 7 into consideration and combine samples of all 14 into
> > multiple mixed subsets.

How do i combine those samples? How do i make this "multiple mixed subsets"?

> > b. Since you have a large data set, Train/Validate and Test with a
> > 0.34/0.33/0.33 data split.

Ok!
> > c. Use one or more data sets, as many defaults as possible, and vary
> > H to find the minimum acceptable value.
> >
> > This should give you a solid start.
> >
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > Greg

Thanks.

Carlos.

Date Subject Author
10/17/12
Read Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
10/19/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
10/20/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
10/29/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
10/31/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/1/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/1/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/3/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/3/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/5/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/16/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/17/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/17/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/17/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/17/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/17/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/18/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/18/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
12/1/12