Topic: second largest element in a matrix
Replies: 32   Last Post: May 5, 2013 10:31 AM

sssbi2009@gmail.com

Re: second largest element in a matrix

On Friday, April 3, 2009 5:59:02 PM UTC-5, Paul wrote:
> "Oluwa KuIse" <wespeakforex@yahoo.com> wrote in message <gav3p9$som$1@fred.mathworks.com>... > Hello, > Can anyone pls tell me how I can find the second (or third) largest element in a matrix AND its position. The max function gives the largest element and its position but how do I find the second largest element and its position? if temp is your vector, you can get the second largest element as follows: [c,i] = max(temp(temp~=max(temp)))why would you sort it? this is the whole point of logical addressing in matlab.

[c,i] = max(temp(temp~=max(temp)))
I like your answer. Could you show me how to write like this to fine the third max? Thanks
sss

Date Subject Author
9/18/08
Read second largest element in a matrix
Oluwa KuIse
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
stephanie
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Steven Lord
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Oluwa KuIse
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Pekka
9/19/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Oluwa KuIse
9/21/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Greg Heath
9/24/08
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Walter Roberson
3/4/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Justin
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Jos
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/6/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/7/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/7/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Bruno Luong
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Paul
11/7/12
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
sssbi2009@gmail.com
11/19/12
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
dpb
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Paul
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Walter Roberson
4/3/09
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
mike zander
5/4/13
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
tilindg1@gmail.com
5/4/13
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
Nasser Abbasi
5/4/13
Read Re: second largest element in a matrix
dpb
5/5/13