Topic: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Replies: 48   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 2:24 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?

On Wed, Nov 7, 2012 at 2:09 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:
> I know that sounds expensive, but on the contrary it's not up to
> taxpayers to provide in many cases. I'm up for stacking all the
> military costs directly on taxpayers as their primary liability as
> citizens (the flip side of a Reaganesque position), and then seeing
> what's left over. Could be that US taxpayers give 0.0 in foreign aid
> once all military (including VA, pensions) are subtracted, and that
> much education is borrowed not-revenue too. Paul will maybe run the
> numbers for us.
>
> Once military expenses, broadly are interpreted, are subtracted from
> net IRS revenue, what's left for taxpayers to take credit for? Do USA
> citizens even pay for their own schools? Or is that China again?

I already did run them in a general way in my message

"Re: Speachless In New York (or, another OMG moment) "

as well as in other messages, repeatedly. It's just not that hard to get the total debt to start moving down as a percentage of GDP while not reducing social spending. It just takes smarts and guts on the part of non-conservative politicians (conservative ones are not interested in lowering the debt while preserving social spending).

Date Subject Author
11/7/12
Read Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Wayne Bishop
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
[...]
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/12/12
[...]
Dave L. Renfro
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Domenico Rosa
11/12/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/13/12