Topic: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Replies: 37   Last Post: Sep 27, 2013 6:54 AM

Oliver Woodford

Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.

"Francesco Montorsi" wrote:
> Just a suggestion: why don't you create a FileExchange contribution with the C++ code and the MATLAB class wrapper? I think it would be very useful to anybody tackling this same issue! :)

Good idea. I've just submitted it, so it will appear shortly.

> Finally, a question about mexLock() and mexUnlock() usage suggested in the last post: it doesn't work for me: mexLock() gets called in convertPtr2Mat() in the init_mex() MEX file, so that it will lock the "init_mex resource", but then mexUnlock() gets called in destroyObject() which is located in the clear_mex() MEX file, and will try to unlock the "clear_mex resource", which is already unlocked. Most important since the mexUnlock() call is located in a different MEX file, the one which called mexLock() will remain locked forever...
> did I miss something?
> do you implement the clear_mex() and init_mex() functions in the same MEX file? if so, how do you do that (as far as I know, there is only one mexFunction() possible in each MEX file)...

Ah, good point. In fact I do have just one mex function, and I access the various class methods using a command string. I mention this earlier in the thread, and you will see this in the example code.

Oliver

Date Subject Author
4/1/10
Read Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
6/7/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Anthony Halley
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Walter Roberson
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Anthony Halley
6/8/10
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/22/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
newuser asdf
1/22/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Bruno Luong
1/23/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Rune Allnor
1/23/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Bruno Luong
1/23/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
newuser asdf
1/24/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
2/3/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
2/15/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
7/6/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
mathias
7/6/11
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
5/24/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Ajay
5/25/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Pierre
10/2/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
11/7/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Francesco Montorsi
11/8/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
11/9/12
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/21/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/22/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
1/30/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Gabri Gwala
1/30/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Steven Lord
1/31/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Oliver Woodford
9/22/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Gabri Gwala
9/22/13
Read Re: Making C++ objects persistent between mex calls, and robust.
Gabri Gwala
9/27/13