Topic: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Replies: 48   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 2:24 PM

Paul A. Tanner III

Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?

On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:
> The fact that Uncle Sam is already the world's largest single most
> indebted institution in absolute dollar terms has already changed the
> tune of eligible voters such as Mitt Romney, who now credits Big Bird
> / NPR to China et al.
>
> Voters understand that creditors enable US discretionary spending (the
> anemic IRS can't even cover mandatory spending per that chart).

>> Therefore I'd say that it would better to try to appeal to potential
>> voters rather than creditors. (Uncle Sam does not care who buys the
>> securities in question, just as long as someone somewhere buys them at
>> lower interest rates. And so there is no real potential leverage there
>> from creditors who already bought the stuff.)

> I think USAers traveling abroad get a pretty good sense of how they're
> perceived. Big change since after WW2. A lot of them try to pretend
> they're from Canada, to avoid the stigma.
>
> Kirby

I really don't know what it is you are trying to argue. Are you trying
to negate what I said as to how we could get the national debt to
start coming down as a percentage of GDP without having to give up
social spending? What?

Date Subject Author
11/7/12
Read Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Wayne Bishop
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
[...]
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/12/12
[...]
Dave L. Renfro
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Domenico Rosa
11/12/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/13/12