Topic: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Replies: 48   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 2:24 PM

GS Chandy

From: Hyderabad, Mumbai/Bangalore, India
Registered: 9/29/05
Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?

Kirby Urner posted Nov 9, 2012 1:52 AM:
> On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 10:47 AM, Paul Tanner
> <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:

> > On Thu, Nov 8, 2012 at 11:48 AM, kirby urner
> <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:
> >> The fact that Uncle Sam is already the world's
<snip>

> Such "mathematical economics" is a chimera, a mirage.
> You come across
> as superstitious about science on my end, like you've
> watched too much
> NUMB3RS or something (very unrealistic show that
> lionizes mathematics
> and mathematicians -- so of course most think it's
> great).
>
> Kirby

I generally tend to agree with Kirby that much of economics (whether mathematical or otherwise) is a chimera, a mirage. (I have previously termed it as 'the dismal non-science', with which characterization Paul has disagreed).

What economists have failed to work out is the very fundamental matter of how the things citizens (and their governments) actually do from day to day "MAY CONTRIBUTE TO" what they (citizens; the specific nation) are trying to achieve ('good working conditions'; 'sound relationship with the environment; 'reduction of fiscal deficit'; 'balancing the budget'; 'arriving at a fair and workable tax structure'; ...; or whatever).

I have a simple but powerful systems aid to problem solving and decision making, the 'One Page Management System' (OPMS) that can help very significantly to enable economists to do this. Some information about the OPMS is attached herewith. I propose to add an 'economics Mission' to the list of societal Missions noted at the attachment. I shall need to become somewhat more practically knowledgeable about economics in general than I am today to do this effectively: if someone here, who is adequately knowledgeable about economics, is interested to collaborate, I'd be delighted to hear from them and I shall send them all needed information and also make my prototype OPMS software freely available. My email id:

gs (underscore) chandy (at) yahoo (dot) com .
(Just subtitute the character noted for the word in brackets, remove the spaces around, and Lo! and Behold! you'll have my email id!).

GSC

Date Subject Author
11/7/12
Read Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Wayne Bishop
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
[...]
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/12/12
[...]
Dave L. Renfro
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Domenico Rosa
11/12/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/13/12