Topic: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college

Replies: 13   Last Post: Nov 11, 2012 1:18 AM

Tom Potter

Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college

"Helmut Wabnig" <hwabnig@.- --- -.dotat> wrote in message
> On Fri, 9 Nov 2012 12:02:56 +0800, "Tom Potter" <tdp1001@yahoo.com>
> wrote:
>

>>"Sam Wormley" <swormley1@gmail.com> wrote in message

>>> All iDevices have recording capability... I use mine often.

>>I have a tiny, $20.00, key chain "SpyCam"
>>that I use every day to make short clips
>>of what I did that day.
>>
>>I also use it to make audio recordings
>>of thoughts that come to me.
>>

> HOW DOES THAT SOUND????
> w.
>

>>It records video/audio at about 60 meg per minute
>>thus a 4G flash memory can record about one hour,
>>which is more than I use in a day.
>>
>>So every day, I have a recording of my thoughts,
>>what I did that day, and candid shots I happened to make.
>>
>>I saw an interesting show on China TV
>>that showed similar devices being used
>>to find out what bears did in the woods.
>>
>>These were low frame rate devices that were powered by
>>larger batteries, and they could run for days.
>>
>>They were hidden in tree trunks near animal trails,
>>watering holes. and feeding places.

The sound is good.

The video on some spycams is good and on some it's bad.
Also the field of view is fixed and generally too narrow.

I have some stick-on telephoto and wide angle lenses
but they fall off and if I glue them on
I no longer have a "candid camera".

The main trouble with making videos with a keychain spycam
is that it is hard to get the subject centered in the video.

I have learned to rest my hand on my leg
to aim and steady the camera,
and to "pan" by swinging my leg.

They have tiny spycams with screens,
but if one uses one of these,
the subjects often know that they
"are on Candid Camera."

Also they are not as convenient as a video/audio recorder
that you can put in your shirt pocket
and whip out on a moment's notice.

As an example, a month or so ago,
I saw a lone swan preparing to land on
our complex pond, and I whipped out the spycam
and managed to make a great video.

--
Tom Potter
http://tom-potter.tel

Date Subject Author
11/8/12
Read why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
CWatters
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
Sam Wormley
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Helmut Wabnig
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Michael Stemper
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
HVAC
11/11/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a lecture at college
Tom Potter
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
CWatters
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/8/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record a
lecture at college
mark.n.mcallister
11/9/12
Read Re: why no iphone or ipad with a built in tape-recorder to record
a lecture at college
W. Dale Hall