Topic: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Replies: 48   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 2:24 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?

On Nov 9, 2012, at 11:33 AM, "Dave L. Renfro" <renfr1dl@cmich.edu> wrote:

> Paul A. Tanner III wrote (in part):

>> You complain about debts and deficits but offer no suggestions
>> as to what our government should actually do in terms of these
>> very real questions of revenues and spending..

> I just caught the tail end of this (i.e. I haven't gone back
> and read what lead up to this), but this comment reminds me
> of something I was thinking about recently but was too busy
> at the time to post.
>
> School lunches ... Wouldn't it be cheaper and easier to just
> give every student a lunch for free, absorbing the cost ($300
> to $500 per year, I would guess) into the over 20 times the
> cost of educating each student per year? No free lunch forms
> to fill out (huge savings of work for parents), no bureaucracy
> devoted to administrating free and reduced lunches (one wonders
> whether this alone might pay for it), and no bureaucracy devoted
> to reporting and documenting and regulating and everything else
> involving free and reduced lunch programs (this too might be
> enough to pay for it, let alone eliminating both bureaucracies).
>
> Dave L. Renfro

Are you suggesting that we teach students that lunch is free?:)

Btw, the more recent school breakfast programs operate like you suggest. It is free for all. Surprisingly, it has far fewer participants than the free lunch program. Maybe it has to do with kids getting to school early. I asked my son if he had tried it and he said he had. I asked him if he liked it and he said he had not. I asked him if he disliked it because of the food? And he said no.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
11/7/12
Read Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Wayne Bishop
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
[...]
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/12/12
[...]
Domenico Rosa
11/12/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/13/12