Topic: Implicit Times
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 14, 2012 1:50 AM

Dave Snead

Re: Implicit Times

Thanks, but the issue is not defining the operator.
The issue is Mathematica's implicit assumption of a Times (*) when there's a
space between variables.
The NonCommutativeMultiply (**) already exists.

So when I input
x y//FullForm
I want Mathematica to return
NonCommutativeMultiply[x,y]
instead of
Times[x,y]

Of course I want the explicit Times (*) to
still work the same as before,
x*y//FullForm
yielding
Times[x,y]