Topic: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Replies: 48   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 2:24 PM

kirby urner

Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?

On Sat, Nov 10, 2012 at 11:36 AM, Paul Tanner <upprho@gmail.com> wrote:

> Your above fails the challenge. You fail to actually provide the numbers.

I have no idea what "challenge" you're talking about. I have not
accepted any challenges from you. I have not failed in any way, given
my logic has been sound and yours superstitious and vacuous by
contrast.

> It's probably because you know that they will not add up. I showed

You think like an arithmetic teacher (which I gather you are): make
every problem be an addition problem. See what I wrote earlier about
strait jacketing rubber room time assumptions.

> that there is close to a trillion dollars per year of unmet health
> care need in this country. This above will meet no more than a few
> percentage points of that unmet need. Prove otherwise if you think
> otherwise by actually proving the numbers.

Right, more evidence of the vast incompetence of your Uncle Sam.
You've provided me with lots of rhetorical ammo to back my contention
that your Uncle is a weak / bankrupt addict, in need of some serious
health care himself. Hardly strong enough to be helping others in
most cases. I think we need to focus on curing your sick Uncle before
we give him more borrowing authority.

> If you refuse to provide the numbers to back up your claims, then you
> have no business posting at a math forum.

Hah hah. The Arithmetic Teacher speaks. This goes back to the
corruption of 1900s "math" texts, especially towards the latter end,
when they refused to bring string operations. Concatenation,
capitalization, lowercasing... these are operations on strings.
Regular expressions. Used all over the place and every day to problem
solve, but the arithmetic teaching union was militant about staying
ignorant and taught no string manipulation whatsoever. Lets see if
Singapore Math stays that dumb, or if it pulls ahead in future
additions, leaving homelander / USA text books in the dust (where they
already are for the most part, where K-12 is concerned -- highly
forgettable turds,mostly).

>> Expanding this model would be easy, but USAers sit around whining
>> about how "the government" should be solving these problems whereas
>> they *are* the government (in theory -- in practice they've been
>> trained not to think that way).

> This above is what I mean. It's a copout. By its attempted redefining

Your not telling us what you're doing to help with government is the
cop out. Our co-founder Keith was at ground zero when Katrina came
through. He was helping with logistics after Sandy as well. Talking
about our waste interdiction program, which benefits from satellite
services like GPS / GIS.

You sit there in your fat arm chair and do addition problems, other
arithmetic, and call me a cop out. That's rich.

> of terms, it tries to escape the cold hard facts that only government
> can end the vast majority of suffering and premature death caused by
> lack of proper food, proper shelter, and proper health care.

Not your Uncle though, he's not a contender at this time as a
legitimate government. He's too sick and weak, led by DC, a city of
lawyer-morons, to commit heinously stupid mistakes, like bombing the
Chinese embassy in Belgrade (just a random symptom of psychosis).

I think your Uncle is not the legitimate representative of we the
people, but we put up with him, a doddering old geezer, because we're
too busy to start over right now. Got work to do.

Let the geezer (Uncle Sam) take himself seriously, we don't have to
("we" of Cascadia). We aren't begging him for funds, just letting him
know he'd be welcome to join us someday, if he manages to kick some
bad habits. Government is not his forte right now. Too busy being a
basket case.

>>> those MRIs or surgeries or drugs that need to be given to those 80
>>> million that your charity pays for?) But the numbers are what the are

>> That was a funny part of Michael Moore's film where he took those 911
>> ground zero first responders, who'd been denied coverage yet were
>> suffering from related medical conditions, and took them as a group
>> down to Cuba for MRIs and stuff. I got a chuckle out of that one.

> Government to the rescue. Just like I said.

Right the Havana government. So OK, now maybe we're getting
somewhere. You don't mean Uncle Sam by "government" either.
Something more like "cyberspace"? I call it Cyberia (as do some other
clever souls).

> The reason that our government has not come to the rescue of our
> homeless and other poor is because too many US citizens stand in the
> way via their voting for "limited government" politicians.

You have numbers to prove that I suppose, some addition problem.
Otherwise you have no business posting your opinion to the math forum
and blah blah. Heh (just joking -- I'm not the stentorian promulgator
of edicts that you are).

> All this talk about "free clinics" really irks me. Do you know how

Oh, you're irked now are you? I bet you're "irked" quite a bit. Lets
poll your students when we get a chance.

I read ahead and didn't see much of interest, a bunch of lecturing /
berating by some arithmetic teacher with a narrow mind (you should
study more STEM when you have the time, read that hippies saved
physics book, other stuff).

See you in another thread maybe.

Kirby

Date Subject Author
11/7/12
Read Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Wayne Bishop
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/7/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/8/12
[...]
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/10/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
kirby urner
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Paul A. Tanner III
11/12/12
[...]
Dave L. Renfro
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Robert Hansen
11/9/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/11/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
Domenico Rosa
11/12/12
Read Re: Obama's win - good or bad for the US/the world?
GS Chandy
11/13/12