Topic: Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!

Replies: 15   Last Post: Nov 12, 2012 7:54 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
att1.html (5.8 K)

On Nov 11, 2012, at 8:01 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:

> Actually my thinking is quite self-consistent and disciplined
> according to David Feinstein, Applied Mathematician. He likes that
> about me.

Religions are consistent. Crazy people are consistent. Consistency is not a sufficient criteria for formal reasoning. By chance, did this Feinstein fellow say something like "Well, at least you are consistent."?

> I teach logical thinking for a living one could say. To hundreds.

Formal reasoning is different than formal logic, if that is what you are saying.

> I think my rhetoric is really top notch, one of the fastest horses on
> the track (some days).

How would you rate the rhetoric of some of the best con men? I'll stick with formal reasoning.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
11/10/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
Joe Niederberger
11/10/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
Robert Hansen
11/10/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
kirby urner
11/10/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
Robert Hansen
11/11/12
[...]
11/12/12