Topic: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!

Replies: 32   Last Post: Nov 17, 2012 11:13 AM

kirby urner

Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!

On Mon, Nov 12, 2012 at 10:28 AM, Robert Hansen <bob@rsccore.com> wrote:

> When you say "She's now strong in STEM" what do you mean? It seems that you
> are saying she wasn't before but now she is. What is it that you see that
> makes you feel that she is "now strong in STEM"? Just curious. With my son I
> look for his instincts and technical abilities to grow. Formal reasoning and
> problem solving.
>
> Bob Hansen

I mean she's now in college on scholarship studying STEM subjects,
health care slant.

She spent the summer growing mammal cell cultures in a metabolic path
study, looking for the significance of certain genes.

That was high school.

Kirby

Date Subject Author
11/12/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
kirby urner
11/12/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
Robert Hansen
[...]
11/13/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
Joe Niederberger
11/13/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
Robert Hansen
11/13/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
Robert Hansen
11/13/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
Joe Niederberger
11/13/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
Joe Niederberger
11/13/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
Joe Niederberger
11/14/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
Robert Hansen
11/14/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
kirby urner
11/15/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
kirby urner
11/15/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
Robert Hansen
11/15/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
kirby urner
11/15/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
Robert Hansen
11/16/12
[...]
11/17/12