Topic: Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!

Replies: 15   Last Post: Nov 12, 2012 7:54 PM

Robert Hansen

From: Florida
Registered: 6/22/09
Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
att1.html (2.7 K)

On Nov 11, 2012, at 8:01 PM, kirby urner <kirby.urner@gmail.com> wrote:

>> I have this theory that there is a natural progression to all of this. When we lay down the ideas and theory of mathematics in a student, that process inevitably follows the same pattern in which it was discovered by humankind.
>
> Ontogeny recapitulates phylogeny -- an over-used, over-applied cliche
> that's often misleading when not plain wrong

Actually, it is pretty well accepted in the context I put it.

Bob Hansen

Date Subject Author
11/10/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
Joe Niederberger
11/10/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
Robert Hansen
11/10/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier
confuses kids!
kirby urner
11/10/12
Read Re: How teaching factors rather than multiplicand & multiplier confuses kids!
Robert Hansen
11/11/12
[...]
11/12/12