Topic: Petition by Jeremy Kilpatrick to Stanford in Support of Jo Boaler
Replies: 5   Last Post: Nov 13, 2012 2:51 PM

Wayne Bishop

Re: Petition by Jeremy Kilpatrick to Stanford in Support of Jo
Boaler

I have no idea whether she is in some kind of trouble or is just
continuing her paranoia that she might be. When challenged, she
publicly promised to immediately supply detail to her accusations
more than a week ago (two weeks?) but nothing has been forthcoming
and suspicion is that nothing will. I pointed out the ridiculous
nature of her using my deliberately offensive private email remark
years earlier. Her pointing out that the Stanford police were on my
case for threatening terrorism spawned a call from their chief of
police and we had a good laugh over its source because I had only
embellished Reid Lyon's " threat". The head of police felt he had to
pursue it and we had a good laugh over the ridiculous situation when
I pointed out the source. You might include that reference as
well. He is one of the few legitimate reading research experts that
got him his job as (at the time) Assistant Secretary of Education in
a highly publicized panel discussion chaired by the Secretary of Education.

"You know, if there was any piece of legislation that I could
pass, it would be to blow up the colleges of education."

November 18, 2002 - Forum on Rigorous Evidence - Transcript, P. 84-85
The Key to Progress in Education?
Lessons from Medicine, Welfare and Other Fields

Wayne