Topic: get out fit coefficient
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 14, 2012 9:46 AM

Steven Lord

Re: get out fit coefficient

"Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> wrote in message
> On 11/13/2012 8:36 PM, Greg Heath wrote:
>> "Paul " <pmcropp@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> <k7upda$1n9$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

>>> Is there a way to get out the value for "c1" from my Gaussian fit?

>>> f =
>>> General model Gauss1:
>>> f(x) = a1*exp(-((x-b1)/c1)^2)
>>> Coefficients (with 95% confidence bounds):
>>> a1 = 98.03 (85.67, 110.4)
>>> b1 = 2.225 (2.225, 2.226)
>>> c1 = 0.005062 (0.004324, 0.005799)
>>>
>>> Thanks.

>> I don't understand the question. If you have data the estimates are
>>
>> a1 = max, b1 =mean, c1 = std dev.
>>
>> Hope this helps
>>

> I assumed he meant how to read it from 'f'
>
> It should just be f.c1 since 'f' looks like a struct.

It's a cfit object from Curve Fitting Toolbox, but that's sufficiently
struct-like that "f.c1" works.

> It would have helped if OP said how they generated 'f'

My guess is either from the Curve Fitting Tool CFTOOL:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/curvefit/cftool.html

or from the Curve Fitting Toolbox function FIT:

http://www.mathworks.com/help/curvefit/fit.html

--
Steve Lord
slord@mathworks.com