Topic: speeding up ACCUMARRAY
Replies: 12   Last Post: Nov 15, 2012 3:35 AM

Bruno Luong

Re: speeding up ACCUMARRAY

"Matt J" wrote in message <k80l22$qd5$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> Anyway, my point remains. Sparse matrix multiplication has to perform multiplications with the x(j) somewhere, whereas accumarray, in my tests, does not. So sparse mult. is further handicapped.

1) Sparse internally access memory via integer indexing. Your accumarray has to cast doubles (firs input) to integers.

2) Sparse multiplication engine might benefice multi-threading, and other low-level optimization.

Accumarray is not slow. Just sparse is fast.

Bruno