Topic: Euclidean distance of all pairwise combinations (redundants)
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 18, 2012 4:02 AM

Bob Hanlon

Re: Euclidean distance of all pairwise combinations (redundants)

You want to use Tuples rather than Subsets

list = {{1, 1}, {2, 2}, {3, 3}};

EuclideanDistance @@@ Tuples[list, 2]

{0, Sqrt[2], 2 Sqrt[2], Sqrt[2], 0, Sqrt[2], 2 Sqrt[2], Sqrt[2], 0}

Norm /@ Subtract @@@ Tuples[list, 2]

{0, Sqrt[2], 2 Sqrt[2], Sqrt[2], 0, Sqrt[2], 2 Sqrt[2], Sqrt[2], 0}

Norm[Subtract[##]] & @@@ Tuples[list, 2]

{0, Sqrt[2], 2 Sqrt[2], Sqrt[2], 0, Sqrt[2], 2 Sqrt[2], Sqrt[2], 0}

Norm[#[[1]] - #[[2]]] & /@ Tuples[list, 2]

{0, Sqrt[2], 2 Sqrt[2], Sqrt[2], 0, Sqrt[2], 2 Sqrt[2], Sqrt[2], 0}

Outer[Norm[#1 - #2] &, list, list, 1] // Flatten