Topic: The Education Mafia Speaks
Replies: 12   Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 3:25 AM

kirby urner

Re: The Education Mafia Speaks

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 4:15 AM, Haim <hpipik@netzero.com> wrote:

<< snip >>

> Honestly, does any sentient person in this forum not think putting this man in jail would serve a higher justice?
>
> Haim
> No representation without taxation
> - ------------------------

I don't think "jail" is the appropriate institution for solving
problems, though I realize "putting people in jail" is a favored form
of revenge.

Many commentators, including on math teach, have an attitude of vengeance.

Unlike Paul, I don't accept the current crop of tests as measures of
what I most care about, so when it comes to "how well are Americans or
Finlanders doing?", I'm not necessarily going to run to a book of PISA
scores to find out.

I have my own sense of standards and what's acceptable. Most adults
get failing grades, not because they're failures but because they are
products of obsolete schooling systems. Anyway, you go with the army
you've got.

Kirby