Topic: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Replies: 19   Last Post: Dec 1, 2012 6:14 PM

Greg Heath

Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet

"Carlos Aragon" wrote in message <k86qo1$1vl$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Greg,
>
> During this week i've been in an exhaust mood to train the neural net. I want to know how could i validate the trained neural network simulating with sim(net,P(test))

You are using incorrect terminology.

ASSUMPTION: Training, Validation and Test data can be assumed to be
random draws from the same probability distribution.
TRAINING: Used to estimate weight/bias values
VALIDATION(1): Used during training to determine when overtraining an overfit net begins
to degenerate the ability to generalize to nontraining data.
VALIDATION(2): Used after training to rank multiple designs
TEST: Used last to estimate performance on unseen data

considering that the matrix P(test) does not have the same size as the input. is it possible? How?
> Every time when i try to simply validate a test input matrix with a differente size i get an error.

If you train a net with node topology I-H-O, the size of any input/target pair must have the form

size(input) = [ I N ]

size(target) = [ O N ]

The resulting output will have the same size as the target.

If you apply the net to unknown data with or without a known target matrix, the input/output pair nust have the form

size(newinput) = [ I Nnew]

size(newoutput) = [ O Nnew]

Hope this helps.

Greg

Date Subject Author
10/17/12
Read Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
10/19/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
10/20/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
10/29/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
10/31/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/1/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/1/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/3/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/3/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/5/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/16/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/17/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/17/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/17/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/17/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/17/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
11/18/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Carlos Aragon
11/18/12
Read Re: Training multiple data for a single feedforwardnet
Greg Heath
12/1/12