Topic: format for reading 'yyyymmddTHHMMSS'
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 18, 2012 10:24 AM

dpb

Re: format for reading 'yyyymmddTHHMMSS'

On 11/17/2012 10:41 AM, Arun Upadhayaya wrote:

> I have to read and print as output datetime format 'yyyymmddTHHMMSS' to
> a file. Suggest me what format i can use for the same .
>
> datestr converts the format but i need to just display and existing date
> time from file 1998-12-24T03:48:05.698.

I can't parse from the post precisely which form it is you have--text or
datenum but since if it were already text it would seem your problem
would be solved I'll presume you have a datenum something like

>> dn=datenum(1998,12,24,3,48,5.698);
>> sprintf('%4d-%2.2d-%2.2dT%2.2d:%2.2d:%06.3f',datevec(dn))

ans =
1998-12-24T03:48:05.698

doc sprintf % and friends for formatting