Topic: Matheology § 152
Replies: 53   Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 4:49 PM

mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de

Re: Matheology § 152

On 17 Nov., 18:57, Uirgil <uir...@uirgil.ur> wrote:

> While every real mathematician knows

This sequence grows without limit.

> > This can be proved by taking any number n and showing
> > that there is a number k such that all for terms a(j) of the sequence
> > with k > j we have a(j) > n. Proof: For given n take k = n + 10.

> ow does that work for the sequence a(j) = 0 for all j?

Is 0 larger than any number n?

> > Every set theorist knows that the sequence of sets of indices left of
> > the decimal point has the limit empty set. This is an requirement of
> > set theory.

> Then let us see which axiom,  or set of axioms, of some set theory which
> actually requires such nonsense. say among the axioms for ZFC, for
> example.

Try to learn it. Look what William Hughes just explains here.

> > And finally everybody knows that decimal numbers, by definition,
> > cannot consist of digits that have no indexs.

> Numbers (decimal or otherwise) can exist without any digits of any sort,
> but decimal numerals can not.

But the numbers in above list exist with their digits.

> Since a numeral is merely a name for a number,

the set of all numbers is countable.

Regards, WM

Date Subject Author
11/16/12