Topic: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Replies: 25   Last Post: Sep 17, 2013 2:28 AM

Bruno Luong

Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints

"Roger Stafford" wrote in message <k88l7g$7tm$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> "Greg Heath" <heath@alumni.brown.edu> wrote in message <k87s11$h6u$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...

> This is one of the reasons I went to the trouble of writing 'randfixedsum' which breaks such a hexagon into triangles and deals with each separately. However doing a similar thing with an n-dimensional rectangular box other than an n-dimensional cube as Dmitrey wishes to do is a project involving much more complicated simplex structure. At the moment I have no idea how to set about such a task.

Might be convert linear inequality into hull vertices. Use Delaunay to decompose the convex polytopes into union of simplexes then apply the barycenter coordinates to generate uniform distribution on simplexes. Put all that together, it should be able to generate the uniform distribution with required constraints.

Bruno

Date Subject Author
11/14/12
Read Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Dmitrey Yershov
11/17/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Greg Heath
11/17/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Roger Stafford
11/17/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Bruno Luong
11/17/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Roger Stafford
11/18/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Dmitrey Yershov
11/18/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Bruno Luong
11/19/12
[...]
11/20/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Bruno Luong
11/20/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Bruno Luong
11/20/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Roger Stafford
11/21/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
Bruno Luong
11/21/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
james bejon
11/20/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
james bejon
9/17/13
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
JS Hong
9/17/13
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
JS Hong
11/19/12
Read Re: Generate random numbers with fixed sum and different constraints
David Epstein
11/19/12