Topic: SCI.LOGIC is a STAGNANT CESS PITT of LOSERS!
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 17, 2012 7:44 PM

george

Re: SCI.LOGIC is a STAGNANT CESS PITT of LOSERS!

On Nov 17, 3:47 pm, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Nov 18, 3:17 am, George Greene <gree...@email.unc.edu> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 17, 3:50 am, Graham Cooper <grahamcoop...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > >www.microPROLOG.com
>

> > There is NOTHING "micro" about this!
> > Prolog ALREADY EXISTS!  It's ALREADY WRITTEN!
> > It ALREADY DOES THIS!

> Does not!

I have done some programming in Prolog.
I have graded coursework in it. I WOULD know.

> It's a 2 logic value language (resolution capable)
> written in a 1 logic value language (successful-match / negation-as-
> failure)

Oh, PLEASE.
NOBODY NEEDS TO UPGRADE Prolog from negation-as-failure to the real
thing.
That IS NOT what it's FOR!

> YOU DON'T HAVE ANY SOFTWARE THAT DOES THIS IN A 4GL!

Again, bullshit. Plenty of people have written theorem-provers.
That is A SIMPLE program. Hell, Resolution BY ITSELF is complete.
If you can write a program that can perform all the possible
resolutions on a finite
set of axioms THEN YOU ARE DONE. It is horrendously inefficient and
of NO practical use
BUT IT IS COMPLETE if the system is finitely axiomatizable.