Replies: 108   Last Post: Dec 7, 2012 9:25 AM

RedAcer

Re: OT: Stephen Fry does something no human has ever done before

On 18/11/12 06:17, bjacoby@teranews.com wrote:
> On 11/17/2012 1:54 PM, Sam Wormley wrote:
>> Stephen Fry does something no human has ever done before
>>> http://www.sciencedump.com/content/steven-fry-does-something-no-human-being-has-ever-done

80658175170943878571660636856403766975289505440883277824000000000000

> TOTAL BULLSHIT! Stephen Fry is a moron.
>
> Sam Wormley is a moron for being impressed with this nonsense.
>
> And Science Dump is a moronic and anti-science show dedicated to the
> destruction of science education.
>
> His claim is complete and utter nonsense, even if a shuffle were
> perfect (which this certainly was not). This is what happens when
> people begin to imagine that mathematics is more real than reality.
>
> Here it is in a nutshell for those still actually interested in
> science as science and not politics: Even if something has an
> extremely low probability of occurring, that does NOT mean it cannot
> occur! It does not mean that the first two shuffles might not be the
> same. This shameful exhibit shows where modern thought has sunk.
> Idiot statements based upon mathematical suppositions that aren't
> even true. The extension of to religious levels with no science to
> back it up.
>
> Hence the statement that a deck of cards has NEVER been in this
> order before, is the WORST kind of unthinking anti-science. They
> might as well be asserting for children that the Earth is totally
> flat. Shameful exhibit.
>
> Even more pitiful is Sam's gullibility and lack of science education
> that allows him to be impressed with such blatant nonsense.

52!=80658175170943878571660636856403766975289505440883277824000000000000

This is a very big number. How long have we had the modern pack? How
many shuffles have been made?

Date Subject Author
Sam Wormley
manontheclaphamomnibus
[...]