Replies: 108   Last Post: Dec 7, 2012 9:25 AM

mahipal7638@gmail.com

Re: OT: Stephen Fry does something no human has ever done before

On Nov 18, 1:31 pm, j...@specsol.spam.sux.com wrote:
> In sci.physics Mahipal <mahipal7...@gmail.com> wrote:
>

> > On Nov 18, 10:38 am, Shmuel (Seymour J.) Metz
> > <spamt...@library.lspace.org.invalid> wrote:

> >> Read carefully.

> > Really? Statistics and Probability have no place in Statistical
> > Thermodynamics, in Quantum Mechanics, ..., err in Physics?

> Statistics and probability and math in general are of course used in
> phyics, as well as chemistry, manufacturing engineering, and many,
> many other fields.
>
> However, they are concidered to be separate fields of study and have
> separate USENET newsgroups for their discussion.
>
> Have you ever wondered why universities have separate physics, chemistry,
> math, and engineering departments?
>
> <snip remaining babble>

Yes I've wondered. Why do you think there exist separate departments?

Leaving all your babble intact and in place.

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB10001424127887323894704578115440209134854.html?mod=WSJ_article_comments#articleTabs%3Dcomments

or http://tinyurl.com/cetmxxw equivalently.

Enjo(y)...
--

[...]