Topic: How to Select Entire Row From Excel File Uisng Prompt?
Replies: 11   Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 5:52 PM

ryanshuell@gmail.com

Re: How to Select Entire Row From Excel File Uisng Prompt?

Thanks for the help Phil, but that didn't work for me. I made some changes to the code, and I'm working with this now (code below). However, it?s definitely NOT dynamic.

excelObj = actxserver ('Excel.Application');
% Full path to your file required
fileObj = excelObj.Workbooks.Open('C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a\StockSymbols.xls');
sheetObj = excelObj.Worksheets.get('Item', 'Symbols');
filename = 'C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a\StockSymbols.xls';

% Row end, appears to work for rectangular data in sheet.
rowEnd = sheetObj.Range('A1').End('xlDown').Row
% Column end for first row
colEnd = sheetObj.Range('A1').End('xlToRight').Column

prompt={'Enter an Excel Row:'};
title='Enter an Excel Row';
answer=inputdlg(prompt,title);

sheet = 'Symbols';
xlRange = 'A16:S16';

subsetA = xlsread(filename, sheet, xlRange);

Basically, what I?m trying to do is enter a value into an InputBox and pass that into ColumA of the Excel file, and copy the data from that specific row (xlRange) into a Matlab variable named subsetA. So, it?s almost like a Vlookup from Matlab into Excel, and then copy the range (the entire row) into a Matlab variable. All values in ColumnA are dates (this is what I pass to the InputBox). I want to import the different stock prices.