Topic: MATLAB functions in CUDA Kernel
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 19, 2012 3:52 AM

Edric Ellis

Re: MATLAB functions in CUDA Kernel

"Jerome " <the_rome@hotmail.com> writes:

> I am interested in calling certain MATLAB functions, such as fft and
> repmat in my cuda kernel but I haven't seen any third party libraries
> to support this. Does anyone know how I can accomplished this without
> rewriting a lot of the functions by hand.

Things like FFT are kernel launches in their own right - and as such
might possibly be supported by the dynamic parallelism available in
CUDA-5 on Kepler class cards. However, MATLAB/PCT (as of R2012b) does
not yet support CUDA-5 (since it was released after the release of
R2012b), so you could not use it with MATLAB/PCT.

I'm not sure how well this would work out though even it were supported
(and CUFFT does not support on-device calls in CUDA-5; only the CUBLAS
library has that support) - you may well be better off performing your
REPMAT/FFT type stuff outside the CUDAKernel piece.

Cheers,

Edric.