Topic: definition of closure in topological space question
Replies: 11   Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 3:46 PM

William Elliot

Re: definition of closure in topological space question

On Mon, 19 Nov 2012, David Hartley wrote:
> <marsh@panix.com> writes

> > BTY, your proof doesn't require the space to be Hausdorff, T1 or T0.
>
> Since you were careful to talk of normal T1 spaces, I assumed you follow the
> convention that regularity and normality do not require T1.

The terms regular and T2, normal and T3 are bogus confusion with no
consenses upon definitions. The simple expressions less prone to
confusion are T0, T1, Hausdorff, regular, regular T0, normal, normal T1.

Though normal T1 implies regular, some normal spaces aren't regular.