Topic: How to Select Entire Row From Excel File Uisng Prompt?
Replies: 11   Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 5:52 PM

ryanshuell@gmail.com

Re: How to Select Entire Row From Excel File Uisng Prompt?

Sorry to bother you, but I think there is something wrong with your function. At first I thought it may have something to do with the dates. I tried integers and text; nothing worked.

requireDateNumber = 'C';

data = xlsread('C:\Program Files\MATLAB\R2012a\StockSymbols.xls');
rowIndex = (data(:,1) == requiredDateNumber);

if any(rowIndex)
rowData = data(rowIndex,2:end);
else
error('There is no corresponding row.');
end

Here is the error:
Error in Read_Specific_Row (line 34)
rowIndex = (data(:,1) == requiredDateNumber);

'requireDateNumber' must be just a variable. It doesn't have to be a date, or numeric, or anything specific, right.