Topic: GPU and Neural Network ... is this operation legitimate?
Replies: 3   Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 6:12 AM

condor

Re: GPU and Neural Network ... is this operation legitimate?

"condor" wrote in message <k8fiu8$hoe$1@newscl01ah.mathworks.com>...
> Hi, I need to compute many simple Neural Networks... thousands.
>
> I would like to use a parallel for on the GPU.
>
> The FIRST problem is that I am not able to compute the net on the GPU:
>
> % Net creation
> hiddenLayerSize = 10;
> net = fitnet(hiddenLayerSize);
> % Setup Division of Data for Training, Validation, Testing
> net.divideParam.trainRatio = 70/100;
> net.divideParam.valRatio = 15/100;
> net.divideParam.testRatio = 15/100;
> %Training
> net.trainFcn = 'trainscg';
> net.trainParam.showWindow = false;
> net.trainParam.showCommandLine = false;
> % Send input and target on the GPU
> input_A=gpuArray(input)
> target_A=gpuArray(target)
> % Train
> [net_new,~] = train(net,input_A,target_A)
>
> I receive this error:
> Error using network/train (line 293)
> Number of samples (rows of gpuArrays) of data arguments do not match.
>
> QUESTION:
> Is it possibile to compute the net on the GPU (I want that every core train a different net)? If yes, what am I doing wrong?

Cool! I resolved! This is the code:

>> input_A=gpuArray(input);
>> input_A=nndata2gpu(input);
>> target_A=nndata2gpu(target);
>> net=configure(net,input,target);
>> net=train(net,input_A,target_A);

I am not sure if it is using all the GPU or just one core as I want....

Now I need to create a parallel for ... any idea?