Topic: Projection of isotropic 3D radiation on flat screen
Replies: 1   Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 1:16 PM

machiel

Re: Projection of isotropic 3D radiation on flat screen

To answer my own question.
From the point source to the nearest point on the screen is distance r1. This is a vector lying on a sphere with area (4 pi r1^2). The density of vectors on this sphere is N/(4 pi r1^2).
For a point further on the screen, the vector from the point source is distance r2. The density of vectors on this sphere is N/(4 pi r2^2).
Density_2 / Density_1 = r1^2 / r2^2 < 1.
This will give you the density of the flux on any point of the screen.