Topic: Stop fsolve; keep result
Replies: 2   Last Post: Nov 20, 2012 2:22 PM

Alan Weiss

Re: Stop fsolve; keep result

On 11/20/2012 12:21 PM, Cory wrote:
> Hi MATLABers,
>
> I'm running fsolve on a big problem with mixed results. After a week
> or so of computation, I'd like to interrupt the code and just report
> whatever results I have so far. However, I'm not sure how to stop
> fsolve while maintaining access to the last point tried (e.g. by using
> Ctrl+C). Is there a way to do this?
>
> Thanks,
> Cory

I am very sorry to say that I know of no way to do this. I know, it is
frustrating.

Next time, you can prepare for this before you call fsolve:
* Have an output function checkpoint your intermediate results to a
file, or to the workspace
* Use a plot function to show some results, such as the current point
(@optimplotx)

Good luck,

Alan Weiss