Topic: While loop with two conditions?
Replies: 4   Last Post: Nov 21, 2012 9:15 AM

Nasser Abbasi

Re: While loop with two conditions?

On 11/21/2012 7:52 AM, Sensible Man wrote:
> "Nasser M. Abbasi" <nma@12000.org> wrote in message <k8ikrc$do$1@speranza.aioe.org>...
>> On 11/21/2012 7:12 AM, Sensible Man wrote:
>>> I'm sure this is a very simple question, but is it possible to create a while
>>> loop with two initial conditions?
>>>
>>> I basically need
>>>
>>> while x<3, or y>500,
>>>
>>> execute loop
>>>
>>> end if either x<3 or y>500 is met
>>>

>> for scalars, use ||
>>
>> ------------------
>> x=2; y=603;
>>
>> while x<3 || y>600
>> x=x+1
>> y=y-1
>> end
>> ------------------

> Awesome thanks. However, when I run the code you provided above, the while
>loop doesn't terminate when x>3, it only seems to stop when y>600?

It will run as long as the condition is TRUE. The condition
is TRUE if x<3 OR y>600. So if one condition is false, it
is ok, it will still run the loop, as long as the other is true
since the test is an OR

It will stop the loop when both checks are FALSE.

That is what I thought you wanted. But if you want to
stop when one of the 2 conditions condition fail,
change it to

x=2; y=603;

while x<3 && y>600
x=x+1