Topic: num2sr strange behavior
Replies: 6   Last Post: Nov 21, 2012 10:04 AM

dpb

Re: num2sr strange behavior

On 11/21/2012 7:41 AM, Amin Bashi wrote:
> Hi everyone
> I recently observed strange behavior of num2str function. As you see in
> below:

>>> c = [1 2; 3 4]
>
> c =
>
> 1 2
> 3 4
>

>>> double(num2str(c(1,:)))
>
> ans =
>
> 49 32 32 50
>
> Obviously it put space between 1 and 2;
> what can i do to solve this problem?

If you want a specific format, specify that format. num2str() converts
numeric values in a "pretty" format over which you have very little
control other than a precision.

Use sprintf() instead--

double(sprintf('%d',c(1,:))