Topic: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
Replies: 101   Last Post: Nov 25, 2012 5:08 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!

In article
<1ae6a5ac-811c-4ed4-b87f-3d686c8d35b7@e25g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 21 Nov., 17:41, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On Nov 21, 12:00 pm, WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:
> >

> > > On 21 Nov., 16:54, William Hughes <wpihug...@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > <snip>

> > > But the numbers allowed by an empty set of decimal left to the point
> > > has a reciprocal, namely a value larger than 1.

> > Absolute nonsense.  There are no numbers "allowed by an empty set".
> > How can a set consisting of no numbers have a reciprocal?

> Not nonsense but as usual you have not understaood.
> There are not numerals left of the decimal point, but there may be
> numerals right of the decimal point. So there is a reciprocal of
> 0.abc... between 1 and oo.

Since the so-called "digits" on either side of what you miscall a
"decimal" point eventually exceed every finite quantity, whatever else
that point may be, it is not a decimal point.

At least not outside of Wolkenmuekenheim!

> But that is not so important. Important and mathematical is only this:
>
> Every infinite sequence of real numbers either has no limit or has a
> limit in the real numbers or the improper limit oo. In any case there
> are never two or more limits! If existing, it can be calculated
> according to Cauchy. If set theory supplies a tool, then the limit can
> be calculated according to Cantor too. Or we can find some
> restrictions in this way.
>
> Here we find a funny result like that: Cauchy states, that there is a
> house. Cantor says that there are no stones. WH says that there is no
> contradiction.

Most houses outside of Wolkenmuekenheim are built of wood or brick or
both so do not contradict anything but WMatheology.

> Of course everybody can claim what he likes. It is not very new. There
> are some matheologians who claim that "there" are numbers which nobody
> can name.

In fact anyone and everyone accepting any standard model of the real
numbers system, and most non-standard models, knows that!
--

Date Subject Author
11/18/12
11/18/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
William Hughes
11/18/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Vurgil
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Vurgil
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
William Hughes
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Vurgil
11/20/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/20/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/21/12
[...]
11/22/12
[...]
11/23/12
[...]
11/24/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/24/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/23/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/24/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/24/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/25/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/25/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/25/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/25/12
Read Re: WMatheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/23/12
David Valdez