Replies: 108   Last Post: Dec 7, 2012 9:25 AM

Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Re: Stephen Fry does something no human has ever done before

"Mahipal" wrote in message

On Nov 19, 6:58 pm, "Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway"
<LordAndroc...@November2012.org> wrote:
> "Mahipal" wrote in message

[trim]

> > > By your "No thank you" I must presume you have no knowledge of the
> > > progression of this thread.

> > > =====================================================
> > > I've seen enough to stay away, it offers me no interest.
> > > Once again I leave you to your trivia. Have a bad night. Or don't.
> > > Stupid
> > > arrogant bluster is the American Way, Yankee Bard.

> > > -- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
> > > Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

> > "Quiet desperation is the English Way" -- Pink Floyd classic lyric.
>
> > You are welcome to start your own topics for discussion. I live to
> > eagerly vote in America, was born in India. So I technically cannot
> > allow anyone to think a Yankee I. Due to SR, flying back and forth
> > keeps me theoretically younger than had I just sat my life away.

> > Be and fare well John. Have a good evening.
>
> > Mine's a new indifferent morning now. Indifferent night looming across
> > the Sky.

> > Enjo(y)...
> > --
> > Mahipalhttp://mahipal7638.wordpress.com/meforce/
> > 1) Pink isn't my colour, whatever you are talking about.

> Pink Floyd is amongst one of the greatest handful of Rock Bands ever,
> happen to be English, and are certainly worth the time invested in
> listening. Strongly recommended. Will gladly provide you a list of
> songs to begin with, if you request. "Welcome to The Machine" for the
> first one.

> The dark side of the moon is the side facing away from the sun and not
> worth
> mentioning since new moons occur once a month. English musicians of
> noteworthiness are Delius, Elgar, Vaughn Williams. You are recommending
> Coca
> Cola and Sprite to someone who prefers Merlot and Sauvignon Blanc. Same
> colour, different taste. Pink is still not my colour.

That's a bold comparison! I will surely listen to Delius, Elgar,
Vaughn Williams asap. Accepting your drink wager, since I primarily
prefer Whiskey, I would have to mention that Hindi Music is like
Scotch, per your analogy.

One simple question, why allow me to think that Pink Floyd is
"whatever you are talking about" as if you are unfamiliar with them?
Why mislead me so? Obviously you know of them. Was my capitalization
off or some such?
As an erstwhile parent of teenagers I once reluctantly permitted a recording
of some crashing and bashing to be played on my stereo during a party many
years ago. That unpleasant experience is the sum total of my knowledge of
said Pink Rock, and best forgotten.

> > 2) I know I am and have often done so.
>
> Nice.
>

> > 3) I would never voluntarily give another power over me. Politicians may
> > vote for me if they wish. They never do.

> I was being eagerly sarcastic about voting at all. Politicians will
> ruin my life, and mine life alone, without me asking for them to do
> so. So considerate They.
> Sarcasm should be blatant to be effective. In our previous encounter your
> complaint was that I was not specific and threatened to withdraw, so I
> preempted you and withdrew.

Why ever get mad at me?! There's no reason to do that. I rather enjoy
discussing the Universe with you John. Play nice.
I don't get mad, I walk away. I appreciate sarcasm but only if I know it.
And do not presume me to be nice, I have never claimed to be.

[trim]

> In USA many often think, hear, my name is as Verde. Hence the colour
> green is appealing to me. Some Uncles of mine use the string "Birdy"
> in place of Virdy. There's no write answer to phonetics. Overall,
> given your concern, I do have to accept that Racism and Hatred are
> alive and well on Earth. Sad, but so it is. Perhaps I will learn to
> hide my colours on Usenet in the future.
> Floyd Pink of rock candy (with "Margate" extruded all the way through it)
> cannot be disguised as Green Joe of Opera
> Winfrey.https://marketplace-images.asos.com/fa/21f3aab9-c587-4a8f-85ae-e919e6...

Nice looking rock candy. Impressive extruded "MARGATE ROCK" writing.
Why can't it be Green though?
Giuseppe Verde wasn't into rock, he preferred Oprah.

> You are forever an Asian Yankee.

For the sake of discussion, if I migrate out of USA tomorrow, a strong
possibility given the recent wave of reverse migrations across Earth,
will I still be this Asian Yankee, because of History? If I just move
South, like to Florida, since I like warmer weather, will I then be a
Asian Confederate?

I am forever sure I am not fond of being labeled in any way at all.
Can't be helped. I'm labelled a Limey because British sailors ate limes
to avoid vitamin C deficiency and scurvy.
Go to Texas instead, they are more likely to secede from the union than
any other state. Florida is made of retirees, no industry there except golf.

> > 5) I lived in Pittsburgh Pa for 18 years and retired to Florida for two
> > years before returning home to "Rule Britannia, Britannia rules the
> > waves"
> > but the waves don't obey the rules anymore than I do. So like you I have
> > flown over the waves often and am now younger than I was when I was
> > born,
> > thanks to SR.

> Younger than when born? What's your gamma factor?
> Imaginary. The square root of minus one is an operator.
> A single trip on Concorde and one arrives in New York before taking off in
> London.http://www.fourmilab.ch/etexts/einstein/specrel/www/figures/img54.gif
> That looks like beta to me, pronounced "vetta" like the Gaelic v in
> "Siobhan". Unfortunately relativists are so stupid they can't read Greek
> letters.
> While I was in The USA I objected to being called "white" and insisted I
> was
> an English-American Englishman come to take the colonies back and collect
> the Chinese tea (grown in India) taxes. Strange country, the USA. Full of
> Xtians who want some guy Jesus for a monarch and give up the republican
> democracy.

That's funny. Give me back the tea! I want to take home my colonies
too!
AFAIK it's still at the bottom of Boston harbour. Perhaps it was Japanese
tea.

Siobhan is a beautiful name, meaning God's grace. I did look it up but
also had met a nice young waitress who has that name and she shared
its origins. At the same bar from where the blimey Police entrapped me
for my pending DUI charge. Good news, I have got my driving privileges
restored. If I drank only tea, I would not be in this legal mess.
What's funny is, of the strange country this, is they keep drilling
into my head that it's the "Land of the Free" and yet it does not feel
like it. Is that blatant DoubleSpeak or what?! Feels more like a Human
Farm. Always forced to contemplate, what means this Free?

Freedom of speech is guaranteed in the bill of rights. All men are born
free and equal except African slaves. All women are equal but Hillary
Clinton is more equal than others.
< http://www.time.com/time/nation/article/0,8599,2033771,00.html>
Yankee squaw speak with forked tongue.

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Date Subject Author
Sam Wormley
manontheclaphamomnibus
[...]