Topic: Reciprocals of integers summing to 1
Replies: 21   Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 8:44 PM

David Petry

Re: Reciprocals of integers summing to 1

On Thursday, November 22, 2012 7:28:40 AM UTC-8, Ludovicus wrote:
> This is my last computation (22/11/2012), of first seven decompositions of unit, as sum of Egyptian fractions with n different minimum denominators Xi :
>

> n Xi
>
> 3 2,3,6
>
> 4 2,4,6,12
>
> 5 3,4,5,6,20
>
> 6, 2,4,6,14,120,280
>
> 7, 2,4,6,16,51,944,6018
>
> 8, 2,4,6,16,59,262,17346,102704
>
> 9, 2,4,5,26,97,892,9313,1391520,86722657
>

> Can someone to extend or correct this table ?

I'm not sure what you're trying to compute.

Bill Taylor gave us 2 4 10 12 15. Is that a correction to your entry number 5 ? If it is, then 3 4 6 10 12 15 would be a correctionn to your entry number 6.

Could you explain better what you're computing?