Topic: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
Replies: 101   Last Post: Nov 25, 2012 5:08 PM

Virgil

Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!

In article
<54a009e6-07fd-48d1-af81-a066bd302d83@u9g2000vbm.googlegroups.com>,
WM <mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> On 23 Nov., 08:15, Virgil <vir...@ligriv.com> wrote:
> > In article
> > <56887e9f-687a-4adc-9860-5699c4e90...@f17g2000vbz.googlegroups.com>,
> >

> >  WM <mueck...@rz.fh-augsburg.de> wrote:

> > > is required to establish and construct the real numbers of analysis.
> >
> > False! One can establish the existence and properties of the real number
> > field without ever relying on a single digit.

> But one need not do so. At least many people use decimal numbers.

But if one can do without digits, then nothing of the reals is dependent
on them.

> > > Exactly the numerals, the bricks of the numbers are determined.
> > > However, there are none, according to set theory.

> > Set theories such as ZFC say nothing about the existence of numerals as
> > such, neither pro nor con. But there is nothing about numerals that is
> > incompatible wih any settheory that I know of.

> There is no contradiction, there is no contradiction, there is no
> contradiction, ...

If there really were any such contradictions, would someone as
demonstrably incompetent as WM be able to find it?
Only by sheer luck, and WM isn't that lucky!

And even if WM were lucky enough to find one,
could he prove it?
No chance at all!
--

Date Subject Author
11/18/12
11/18/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
William Hughes
11/18/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Vurgil
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Vurgil
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
William Hughes
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/19/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Vurgil
11/20/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/20/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/21/12
[...]
11/22/12
[...]
11/23/12
[...]
11/24/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/24/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/23/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/24/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/24/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/25/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/25/12
Read Re: Matheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/25/12
Read Re: Matheology § 154: Consistency Proof!
mueckenh@rz.fh-augsburg.de
11/25/12
Read Re: WMatheology � 154: Consistency Proof!
Virgil
11/23/12
David Valdez