Topic: how could I specify the No. of bit that represent the No.????
Replies: 7   Last Post: Nov 23, 2012 6:08 PM

dpb

Re: how could I specify the No. of bit that represent the No.????

On 11/23/2012 3:25 PM, luma wrote:

> hello, Roger I mean that the integer of x=156 and I need only 8 bit to
> represent the no. in good accuracy and x=0.102 the fractional could be
> represent good accuracy in 7 bit only . and then I don't need more than
> (8+7=15) 15 bit to represent x .
> I wish it will be clear

Like Roger, I'm totally confused as to what you're really trying to say
here...but

Are you saying you're trying to represent the integer and fractional
portion of a value as the integer value of each in two separate bit
fields so that the internal storage could be

bit positions 1-15
11111100 0000000
54321098 7654321

10011100.1100110

where the decimal is an implied one????

If not, try again in complete detail to explain what it is you are
trying to do...