Topic: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03
Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed

Replies: 19   Last Post: Dec 4, 2012 5:51 AM

Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03

On 24/11/2012 2:33 AM, Timothy Sutter wrote:
> Don Kelly wrote:
>

>> Timothy Sutter wrote:

>>> i'm pretty sure i said they didn't look too much alike
>>> but had a little bit of similarity, and, i still say that now.

>>> my new fan has a fairly small motor with a diameter
>>> of about 5 inches and no exposed copper, but my
>>> old fan motor was larger and you could see blobs
>>> of copper wiring -somewhat- like that scooter motor.

>> Your new fan, considering its size may be a "brushless DC" motor - it
>> too will have coils.

> you're a bit like Archimedes Plutonium.
>

>>> just seeing the copper coils is a similarity.
>
>> Yes- there is a similarity- the same as the similarity to a solenoid and
>> a transformer. seeing copper coils in a transformer

> yes, they are similar.

>>> my old fan may have had this little felt tipped
>>> front end where you had to oil every so often.

>> That figures.
>
> you've heard of such things

>>> it's possible that these old bushings were carbon
>>> and would crud up after a while and you'd have
>>> to clean up the crud.

>> Doubtful. However graphite has been used as a lubricant. Sintered bronze
>> is common.

> my old fan was peculiar.
>

>>> maybe i'll dig it out and take it apart unless
>>> i already disposed of it in an enVIromentally safe manner.

>>> no, many coils are sort of round or cylindrical and not spheres.
>>> i have an olde starter motor that may be a -little- bit more
>>> like the scooter motor, but i'm, not in the mood to take
>>> it apart right now, as, it is greasy and secure where
>>> it is on its little shelf.

>> Cylindrical is common and practical."sort of round" is meaningless.
>

> well, mine is sort of round, if i drag my measuring wand all about
> the diameter, i don't get a consistent several inches i get a variety
> of responses for the radii plus or minus about a half an inch.
> the coiling part has noticeable eccentricities but it is sort of round.

OK- what was the fan used for and what was the power supply? It appears
to have salient poles on both rotor and stator. Is the winding on the
stator and the longer poles on the rotor. How old was it and roughly
what were the dimensions?
My statements were based on what I call a box fan

>>> well, yon Pluto does -ask- if the windings are spherical
>>> Pluto doesn't exactly tell me what sort of motor
>>> i have and then tell me how it's constructed.

>> If I am wrong- let me know.
>

> for one, your description of my fan claimed it was
> self lubricating with "oilite" type bushings, it was not.

did the bushings look like bronze tubes?

> like i said, my old fan was somewhat peculiar.
>
> you may be a bit like Archimedes Pluto, at least, you didn't say;
>
> "no, your fan could not possibly have
> been one that needed to be oiled."
>

> but, more importantly, in this case, you are wrong about Pluto.
> you said Pluto was off in [his] own little world where facts
> mean nothing simply because [he] asked me if the copper windings
> in my motor coil was close to being spherical.
>
> here's what Pluto said;
>
> ====
> Tell me, are the windings close to being spherical in all?
> ====
>
> and then you say;
>
> ===
> As usual he is off in his own little world -where facts are not
> important.
> ===
>

> so, this is the sort of question and answer period here;
>

> AP: "are the copper windings in your motor close to being spherical?"
>
> DK: ""as usual, you're off in your own little world
> where facts mean nothing""
>

> and here's how Pluto modiifes [his] response;
>
> ===
> https://groups.google.com/d/msg/sci.chem/6nkMLledbMw/ZaQp6nxBkKAJ
> Now I had to be sure that no electric motor or rotor thereof was a
> sphere shaped wire loop. Now I am not saying such a object cannot
> exist or is nonexistent. I am saying that the basic principle of an
> electric motor is based on the cylinder shape.

Having met pluto before-- I have my own biases based on his inability to
recognize facts opposed to his hypotheses.

In this case he claims that the "basic principle of an electric motor is
based on the cylinder shape".

Why? This is nonsense!

The basic principle of a motor is the physics involved (Faraday/Maxwell,
Conservation of energy, Lorentz,etc).

A cylinder shape is often used for practical reasons- but it is NOT a
"basic principle" Some motors are flat disc rotating in a field which is
in the direction of the axis of the disc (i.e. a KWH meter or a printed
circuit motor). Some are linear motors-nothing resembling a cylinder
(high speed mag-lev trains, linear actuators,etc). Shape is dictated by
efficient and effective design for the purpose. Compare the shape of a
Gramme Ring DC machine to Edison's early motors and generators to newer
machines of essentially the same type- shape evolves but the basic
physics involved is still the same.

There is my rant and the end of it for me.

--
Don Kelly
cross out to reply

Date Subject Author
11/22/12
Read spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03
Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/22/12
Read rotor Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law Chapt13.4.03 Charge and spin
#1024 New Physics #1144 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
plutonium.archimedes@gmail.com
11/22/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03
Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Timothy Sutter
11/22/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03
Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03
Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Timothy Sutter
11/24/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03
Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03 Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
[...]
11/25/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03
Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03 Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
11/26/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases
Timothy Sutter
11/27/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases
Timothy Sutter
11/28/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
12/4/12
Read Re: spinx GAmaw t akes thent as Inert es
Timothy Sutter