Topic: Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03 Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Replies: 15   Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 5:25 PM

Jos Bergervoet

On 11/25/2012 12:02 PM, Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway wrote:
> "Don Kelly" wrote in message news:1ogss.6280$Mm3.1777@newsfe26.iad...
>> I installed a triac dimmer rated for motor loads and this works well. I
>> can set a lower voltage limit so that it won't stall. An exhaust fan
>> over the stove is similar. I expect that the R/X ratio of the motor is
>> such that the peak torque is near standstill.

> Triacs should only be used when the load is resistive.

Enlighten us, O great Lord, why is this? What is
wrong with using a triac with an inductive load?

--
Jos

Date Subject Author
11/25/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03 Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
[...]
11/26/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03
Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Jos Bergervoet
11/25/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases
Chapt13.4.03 Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
herbert glazier
11/25/12
Read Re: motor control
Read Re: motor control