Topic: Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03 Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Replies: 15   Last Post: Nov 27, 2012 5:25 PM

Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

"Jos Bergervoet" wrote in message

On 11/25/2012 12:02 PM, Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway wrote:
> "Don Kelly" wrote in message news:1ogss.6280$Mm3.1777@newsfe26.iad...
>> I installed a triac dimmer rated for motor loads and this works well. I
>> can set a lower voltage limit so that it won't stall. An exhaust fan
>> over the stove is similar. I expect that the R/X ratio of the motor is
>> such that the peak torque is near standstill.

> Triacs should only be used when the load is resistive.

Enlighten us, O great Lord, why is this? What is
wrong with using a triac with an inductive load?

--
Jos
You really don't know?

http://www.zen22142.zen.co.uk/Circuits/Alarm/buzzer.gif

Discard the capacitor and short circuit (discard) the speaker transformer so
that the only load is the relay coil.
Measure the voltage across the relay coil by grasping the electrodes. Hint:
It's not 9 volts.

-- This message is brought to you from the keyboard of
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway

Date Subject Author
11/25/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03 Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Lord Androcles, Zeroth Earl of Medway
11/25/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03
Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Jos Bergervoet
[...]
11/26/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases Chapt13.4.03
Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
Jos Bergervoet
11/25/12
Read Re: spin maximizes the Ampere law that makes the Inert Gases
Chapt13.4.03 Charge and spin #1023 New Physics #1143 ATOM TOTALITY 5th ed
herbert glazier
11/25/12
Read Re: motor control
Read Re: motor control