Topic: Cantor's first proof in DETAILS
Replies: 85   Last Post: Dec 10, 2012 7:23 AM

Virgil

Re: Cantor's first proof in DETAILS

In article
<bdf4255c-7c27-4c2b-a78c-62a2e38ecc23@v6g2000pbb.googlegroups.com>,
"Ross A. Finlayson" <ross.finlayson@gmail.com> wrote:

> No, the conscientious mathematician doesn't just adhere to and
> elaborate the mundane, but here acknowledges there is more to
> mathematics than we yet have, and strives for truth, here mathematical
> truth, as it is. As a follower of mathematics, Virgil is of the timid
> sort, always using argument established by others, thus to lend
> credence to his opinion regardless of his tactics, vis-a-vis,
> establishing original thought, here of course in a framework of
> mathematics.

A great majority of "original thought" is garbage, and must be filtered
through what is already established in order separate out the dross.
When one filters the dross out of Ross' "original thoughts" there is far
to often nothing left at all.

> The conscientious mathematician doesn't just curate and dust.

But must curate and dust too!
--

Date Subject Author
ross.finlayson@gmail.com